HERBS & ROOTS
- aromatic herb that is both sweet & savory, minty, peppery with a hint of anise.
- most volatile when fresh or added in the last 3-5 minutes of cooking.
- not an herb often found in Indian cuisine, but we love to ribbon it & add to salads with mango.
- aka fresh coriander, cilantro is the herb that is grown from the coriander seed.
- always best fresh, no need to cook or sauté this herb.
- chop finely & add as a finishing touch to rice, chicken, meat or soups. throw large handfuls into a blender to make a dressing or chutney.
- refreshing & cooling herb with stomach soothing properties.
- best in cold preparations added at the end of a dish or steeped in hot water as a tea.
- ribbon then add to your favorite green salad or raita with yogurt & tomatoes. purée in a blender with other herbs, nuts & spices for a simple chutney.