There are endless possibilities with sabzis. They can be the side, a main dish, a salad topper, or anywhere that you would like to add more veg. The key to this sabzi is getting a good brown on the zucchini, that is when it’s flavor truly shines.
makes 4 cups
- Heat up the olive oil and pop the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Keep on high heat and add the zucchini. Cook until it gets a golden color around the edges and is still bright green (~5 minutes).
- Add the potatoes, red onion, serrano, ginger purée, salt and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
ideas / variations
- Add dried currants or raisins for added sweetness.
- Enhance any salad or rice dish by adding this on top.