Raitas are unbelievably versatile. This is a refreshing addition to your rice, eggs, or avocado toast.
makes ~3.5 cups
- Whisk the yogurt into a large bowl. Season with salt, cumin and sugar.
- Chop the tomatoes into ½ inch pieces. Fold into yogurt along with red onion and mint.
- Heat up the oil in a small saucepan and pop the mustard seeds. Fold this into the raita. Serve*.
*Can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you notice any water separate from the yogurt (due to the onions and tomatoes) you can simply drain it off before serving.
ideas / variations
- Top with 1 tsp of lemon juice for added brightness.
- Substitute honey or ½ cup of mangoes in place of sugar.
- Add sunflower seeds for crunch.