There are umpteen ways to stuff peppers - this recipe will work for 4 large peppers as well. Orange and red are best but the poblano is also delicious roasted and stuffed.
makes 16 peppers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Fire the peppers over a hot grill or gas stove to burn the skin. Cool, peel, and slit one side for stuffing.
- Mix the goat cheese, green onion, serrano, currants, fenugreek and salt. Stuff inside the peppers. Brush the peppers with olive oil and spread on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Sprinkle the kalonji seeds on the side where cheese is peeking out of the peppers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is a bit bubbly. Remove from the oven and let the peppers rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil before serving.
ideas / variations
- Replace cheese with grated fresh corn for a vegan version, or the currants with a nut of your choice.
- Replace cheese with cooked lentils or beans that have been mashed or pureed.
- Serve as a starter or a side dish with mint coconut chutney.