These sweet, spicy & tart nuts are a big hit at our Pondicheri Bake Lab + Shop in Houston, TX. Flavors that will satisfy all of your tastebud’s desires.
makes 1 lb
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Make the simple syrup by heating up the water with equal parts sugar until the sugar fully dissolves.
- Toss the walnuts with the simple syrup, cinnamon, amchur, chili powder & salt. Spread onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 250F for 10 minutes then take them out and stir. Lower oven to 200F & bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and give one final stir. If still moist, bake for another 10-12 minutes. Leave in the pan to dry out.
*You can make 2 cups of simple syrup to keep it simple. If you want the nuts to be sweeter use more simple syrup, then bake for a bit longer so that they dry out.
ideas / variations
- Up the chili by ¼ tsp for added heat.
- Use as a topper for ice cream or baking into cookies.
- Gift in a mason jar for the holidays :)