These sweet, spicy & tart nuts are a big hit at Pondicheri Bake Lab + Shop. Flavors that will satisfy all of your tastebud’s desires.
makes 1 lb
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Make the simple syrup by heating up the water with equal parts sugar until the sugar fully dissolves.
- Toss the walnuts with the simple syrup, cinnamon, amchur, chili powder & salt. Spread onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes then take them out and stir. Lower oven to 300F & bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and give one final stir. If still moist, bake for another 10-12 minutes. Leave in the pan to dry out.
*For ease, make 2 cups of simple syrup. For a sweeter flavor, use more simple syrup, then bake for a bit longer so that they dry out.
ideas / variations
- Up the chili by ¼ tsp for added heat.
- Use as a topper for ice cream or baking into cookies.
- Gift in a mason jar for the holidays.