Saffron adds incredible depth and richness to this simple breakfast. Ghee is optional but highly recommended at the finish.
makes ~4 cups
- Bring the saffron threads and milk to a boil and add the cardamom and salt. Lower the heat.
- In a steady stream, add the cream of wheat, whisking continually until it is completely incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Lower the heat to its lowest setting, cover and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once prepared, cream of wheat will clump up within minutes. If you are not serving it immediately, add more milk or water to thin it out, whisking constantly.
- Swirl the honey and ghee in just before serving and garnish with chopped pistachios.
ideas / variations