The flavors & textures in this salad are outstanding, eaten hot or cold.
makes ~4 cups
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slice the brussels sprouts in half and toss in a bowl with the olive oil, red onion, serrano pepper and salt. Spread this mixture on a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes then lower the heat to 300 F and cook for another 5 minutes. Take the brussels sprouts out and add the currants, amchur, coriander seeds and chopped cilantro.
- Can eat while hot or let cool for 30-60 minutes and serve. Add cheese just before serving.
ideas / variations
- The salad is already delicious at this point - but if you are cheese lover, top it with your favorite cheese.
- Add lemon zest!