Sabzi means cooked vegetables. A whole new meal can be created from extra chopped vegetables from another recipe. Throw them in a pan with some spices & lunch is served.
makes ~2 cups
- Heat up the EVOO and pop the cumin seeds. Immediately add the red onion and sauté until you see a little bit of color on the onion.
- Add the potato, salt, ginger purée & coconut milk. Stir to combine. Sauté on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the frozen peas and cook just until heated, not too long so that the peas can retain their bright green color.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
ideas / variations
- Replace the coconut milk with cream & EVOO with ghee for a rich & decadent flavor.
- Replace purple with Idaho potatoes - recipe will remain the same.