Sabzi means cooked vegetables. You can create a whole new meal from extra vegetables that you may have chopped while preparing another recipe. Throw them in a pan with some spices & you have lunch.
makes ~2 cups
- Heat up the EVOO and pop the cumin seeds. Immediately add the red onion and sauté until you see a little bit of color on the onion.
- Add the potato, salt, ginger purée & coconut milk. Stir to combine. Sauté on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the frozen peas and cook just until heated, not too long so that the peas can retain their bright green color.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
ideas / variations
- To make the potatoes vegan, replace the cream with coconut milk and ghee with olive or coconut oil.
- Replace purple with Idaho potatoes - recipe will remain the same.
- Replace fenugreek with slightly cracked coriander seeds.