This can be used as a side or as a main course. The thick cut of the zucchini make this dish feel very satisfying and not heavy.
makes 4 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cut the zucchini in half and then in half lengthwise (4 pieces total).
- Marinate in EVOO, black pepper, minced serrano, cinnamon, and salt. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 F.
- After the 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 300 F and bake for another 15 minutes more. Zucchini will be softened, not really browned.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle any leftover marinade. Garnish with honey, radishes, pistachios, zucchini blossoms, and cheese. Serve.
ideas / variations
- Try sesame seeds or chopped hazelnuts instead of pistachios.
- Omit the cheese for a vegan version.