Moringa is praised for its energizing properties which makes it a great addition to your breakfast. This recipe was inspired by a pancake recipe in Liz Pruitt’s fabulous new cookbook, Tartine all Day.
makes 2 cups batter
- Mix all dry ingredients (almond flour, oat flour, rice flour, moringa powder, salt, coriander seeds, baking powder, ajwain, & black pepper) in a bowl.
- Whisk in the egg, coconut milk and olive oil in a separate bowl and then combine with the dry & stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of pancake batter (¼ cup - ⅓ cup, depending on size preference) onto a hot greased skillet and sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions or blueberries.
- Once the bubbles appear on one side, flip them and cook on the other side for just under a minute.
ideas / variations
- Top with your favorite fresh fruit, jam, syrup or even nut butter!
- Eat with syrup and fruits for a sweet breakfast.
- Eat with plain yogurt and mango pickle (like we would in India!)