This recipe circumvents the boiled egg taste and gives it a fragrant ginger flavor. Feel free to add other vegetables like cucumber or avocado to the salad.
makes ~4.5 cups
- Bring the eggs to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the eggs rest in warm water for 15-20 minutes. Remove shell and slice into 4 pieces.
- On a shallow serving bowl, spread the salad greens and scatter the tomato over it. Next spread the sliced eggs on the greens. Sprinkle salt and chili powder over the entire mixture.
- Heat up the olive oil and pop the cumin seeds. Add the diced red onions and serrano pepper and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Drizzle over the salad greens, add the lemon juice & additional salt to taste. Toss and serve.
ideas / variations
- Add sesame seeds for nuttiness.
- Try lime juice instead of lemon.