Jaggery is a pure, unrefined form of sugar that adds a delicious sweetness to this savory and spicy dish. It can be done on a sheet pan from start to finish. Another super simple weeknight meal.
makes 2-3 servings
- Mix the salmon with ghee, jaggery, ginger, garlic, chili and salt and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes up to 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- On a parchment or foil covered baking sheet pan, spread the zucchini slices into a thin layer. Sprinkle salt, pepper and ghee (or butter) over it.
- Lay the marinated salmon piece directly on top of the sliced zucchini making sure the marinade on the salmon has spread evenly from top to bottom. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the salmon surface appears cooked. Turn the oven off.
- After 5-7 minutes, take the salmon out and let it rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
ideas / variations
- Try pistachios or pumpkin seeds for garnish instead.
- Instead of zucchini, use very thinly sliced potato or onions.