This is a fresh chutney and will taste best the day it’s made.
makes ~3.5 cups
- Gently toss the mango, tomato, mint and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle the chili powder on top, do not mix.
- In a small fry pan, heat up the olive oil and pop the cumin seeds. Add the diced red onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Immediately add this to the mango mix, making sure the hot oil hits the chili powder (the chili will have a better ‘cooked’ flavor than if it was added in raw).
- Toss gently again and refrigerate until ready to use.
ideas / variations
- Try mustard seeds instead of cumin seeds.
- Use cilantro instead of mint.
- Add peanuts for a nutty crunch.