Our version of a gingerbread cookie. It’s soft, fluffy & contains no milk, eggs, or butter.*
makes ~15 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer using a paddle mix the oil, sugar, pumpkin purée, molasses, and ginger purée.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet mixture & stir until evenly combined.
- Line a 9x13 sheet pan with plastic wrap and press dough evenly into each pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hrs.
- Using the rim of a drinking glass, cut circular cookies & place on a parchment paper line baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. They won’t look completely done, but they will still cook a bit when you take them out of the oven. Careful not to over bake, these dry out easily.
*Don’t be intimidated by the use of grams. Scales are actually the easiest (& best) way to bake. You can buy yourself one for $15 bucks and watch a whole world of baking open up to you.
ideas / variations
- Press raw or candied cashew pieces into the top before baking.
- Use your favorite cookie cut out (we like clouds or hearts!) to make them more festive.