A great recipe for blackberries that may be a bit overripe and mushy. This super simple condiment can be enjoyed anywhere you want a fresh and sweet flavor. The chutney will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
makes ~1 cup
- Cut the blackberries in half and mash. You want some blackberry texture to remain, not completely smooth.
- Add red onion, chili powder, and salt. Do not stir.
- Heat up the oil and pop the cumin seeds. Pour the oil over the chili powder to cook it.
- Stir to combine and serve.
ideas / variations
- If your blackberries are very tart, add a bit of jaggery or honey to sweeten it up.
- Try this chutney with your favorite seafood dish.