Perfect way to use blackberries that may be a bit overripe and mushy. This super simple condiment can be enjoyed anywhere for fresh, sweet flavor. It will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
makes ~1 cup
- Cut the blackberries in half and mash so that some blackberry texture remains. Do not mash until completely smooth.
- Add red onion, chili powder, and salt. Do not stir yet.
- Heat up the oil and pop the cumin seeds. Pour the oil over the chili powder to allow it to cook & bring out flavor. Stir to combine and serve.
ideas / variations
- If the blackberries are very tart, add a bit of jaggery or honey to sweeten it up.
- Try this chutney with a seafood dish.