This is a simple, rustic fish curry & almost any firm fish will work.
makes ~4 cups
- Heat up the coconut oil and pop the cumin seeds. Add the red onion and cook on medium heat until soft and translucent (approximately 10-12 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chili powder and turmeric. Cook for a few seconds then add the tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook on low heat until they are soft (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add the fish fillets and simmer gently in the sauce, cooking on both sides until cooked through.
- Stir in the mango and turn the heat off. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
ideas / variations
- Serve with rice, roti, or a delicious sourdough to take on the flavorful sauce.