Your classic raita. This is recipe shows you just how simple a raita can be. Red onion and a vegetable is all it takes. Feel free to make some additions with whatever you have in your fridge.
makes ~3 cups
- Dice the cucumbers, onion, & apple.*
- Whisk the yogurt in a large bowl with the salt and cumin. Then fold in the chopped cucumber, onion, & apple.
- Heat up the oil and pop the mustard seeds. Fold into the raita and refrigerate until ready to serve**.
*Picture shows ½ inch pieces, recommend going a bit smaller for optimal consistency.
**Will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Onions and cucumbers generate a lot of water. If you notice the raita getting watery, simply drain.
ideas / variations
- Add lemon juice or lemon zest for added brightness.
- Sub out red onion for green onion.