Cloves make this a delicious and unique pilaf. Can be eaten as a meal (yes, it’s that good) or as a side.
makes ~3 cups
- Rinse the rice in cold water 3-4 times. Soak in water for 30 minutes up to 2 hrs.
- Heat up the coconut oil and fry the fenugreek seeds & crushed cloves for a few seconds. Add the coconut, onion, and salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice, water, and coconut milk. Cook on high until it comes to a boil.
- When it does, lower heat to medium, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes without stirring. Nearly all of the liquid should be fully absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let the pilaf rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff gently with a fork and garnish with cilantro and serve.
ideas / variations