Inspired by Sri Rao’s unique, clever & delicious cook book Bollywood Kitchen. A simple & stunning dessert for your guests or an evening in watching Bollywood films.
makes ~2 cups
- Pour coconut milk & almond milk into a saucepan. Bring to nearly a boil.
- Slowly add the chopped dark chocolate, stirring in each batch and waiting until it melts into the liquid.
- Once you have melted all of the chocolate, add the cinnamon, cardamom & mace. Whisk to combine.
- Place 1-2 scoops of ice cream in each individual glass or serving bowl. At the table, pour the chai over each ice cream dish. Garnish with cinnamon stick or star anise.
*when using canned coconut milk, be sure to whisk it before measuring and using. The fat and liquid will separate and we want a homogenous mixture.
ideas / variations
- Make with regular milk instead of coconut & almond.
- Enjoy as a thick drinking chocolate! Top with whipped cream & enjoy.