Summer is the season for tomatoes & mangos. Careful to not use too many mangos in this salad or it becomes overly sweet.
makes 4 cups
- Combine the tomatoes & mango in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a larger skillet than you think you need, heat up the mustard oil & pop the asafoetida & cumin seeds. Turn off the heat & add the tomatoes & mangos to the skillet, tossing in the dressing. Add salt & pepper, stir to combine.
- Pour salad into serving bowl. In the center, add the feta cheese + pumpkin seeds. Can eat cold or at room temp.
ideas / variations
- Use mustard seeds instead of cumin or sesame instead of pumpkin!
- Instead of asafoetida, use 1 tsp of minced garlic.