This is a house favorite at Pondicheri Bake Lab & is always the first to go in the AM. A hearty & gluten free breakfast that you can make at home.*
makes ~6-8 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Spray a muffin pan and line with paper cups.
- Combine dry ingredients into one bowl rice flour, corn meal, quinoa, turmeric, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle (or a whisk), whip the peanut butter and the jaggery together until fluffy.** Drizzle the olive oil in a slow stream until completely incorporated. Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Juice the carrots and beet. Add the carrot & beet pulp as well as their juices & the coconut milk and add to your wet bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients stirring as you go. Then scoop batter into greased muffin tin paper cups. Bake 30-35 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out dry. Let them rest for 10-15 minutes in the pan.
*Don’t be intimidated by the use of grams. Scales are actually the easiest (& best) way to bake. You can buy yourself one for $15 bucks and watch a whole world of baking open up to you.
**some jaggery pieces will remain, resulting in a mixture that is not completely smooth. Highly recommend using a stand-up mixture to get the peanut butter & jaggery mixture just right.
ideas / variations
- Before baking, top with your favorite granola, sesame seeds, or nuts.