After you have these pickles, you won't want a dill again. They add so much flavor to a dish. Only a little bit is needed with at least one meal a day for flavor and beneficial bacteria.
makes ~3 cups
- Heat up oil and pop the fennel, coriander, fenugreek, cumin, and asafoetida.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant and has a little bit of color.
- Add the jaggery, chili powder, white vinegar and carrots. Bring to a boil and then cook, covered on low for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temp. Put in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy the next day.
ideas / variations
- Enjoy these pickles in sandwiches, salads, and on the side of your favorite dishes. Any meal can be made tastier with a bit of pickle.