A simple, aromatic rice preparation to complement any dish.
makes 3 cups
- Rinse the rice in cold water 2-3 times and then soak for 30 minutes or up to 2 hrs.
- Drain the rice, a little bit of water remaining is fine. Add rice, water, cardamom pods & salt to a stock pot & cook on high until it comes to a boil. When it does, lower heat to medium, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes without stirring. Nearly all of the liquid should be fully absorbed.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp of ghee & top with chopped herbs.
ideas / variations
- Sub ½ of the water for coconut milk.
- Add sautéed veggies or mustard seed pop.
- Use olive oil or coconut instead of ghee.