A simple & quick broccoli preparation with a unique presentation. The citrus compliments the earthy broccoli & rich pine nuts. Delicious served slightly warm from the oven or cold.
makes 5-6 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut the broccoli heads into small - medium sized florets. Toss with serrano, EVOO, salt & pepper. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, bake the mixture for 4-5 minutes & no longer. The broccoli should remain bright green.
- Toss roasted broccoli with pine nuts & lay on one side of the bowl. Lay orange slices on the other side & sprinkle with salt & chili powder. Serve & enjoy.
ideas / variations
- No oranges? Try grapefruit.
- Sprinkle broccoli with amchur or squeeze lemon juice over & top with chili powder.
- Replace pine nuts with toasted almond slivers.