A fragrant, unique way to prepare shrimp. It’s a mild, simple preparation so be sure to use high quality seafood. Skewering the shrimp in a row with 2 skewers ensures that they remain elongated and do not curl up while in the oven.
makes 12 shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 300F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ginger, vanilla, black pepper, salt & oil. Whisk to combine. Add the shrimp and coat in the marinade.
- Take 6 shrimp and skewer the front of them together, then take a second skewer and pierce near the tail. Do this for the next set of 6 shrimp.
- Place the 2 sets of 6 shrimp on the baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes. Check doneness. Shrimp should appear opaque and not translucent.
- Remove the skewers before serving.
ideas / variations