A fragrant, unique way to prepare shrimp. It is a mild, simple preparation so be sure to use high quality seafood. Skewering the shrimp in a row with 2 skewers ensures that they will remain elongated and not curl up while baking in the oven.
makes 12 shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 300F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ginger, vanilla, black pepper, salt & oil. Whisk to combine. Add the shrimp and coat all of them in the marinade.
- Take 6 shrimp and skewer the front of them together, then take a second skewer and pierce them near the tail. Do this for the next set of 6 shrimp.
- Place the 2 sets of 6 shrimp on the baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes. Check for doneness. Shrimp should appear opaque & not translucent.
- Remove skewers before serving.
ideas / variations
- To make this with vegetables, try with zucchini or another mild vegetable.
- Add to salads or eat with rice.
- Use this as part of a board with squid ink rotis, cranberry relish & saffron yogurt.