One-pan meal. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
makes 10-12 pieces
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium red onion thinly sliced into rings
10-12 stalks of asparagus
5 Tbsp EVOO
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander seeds, slightly crushed
3 Tbsp amchur
1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp finely chopped mango
Generous pinch of crushed chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Trim the chicken of excess fat and cut each breast into 6 long strips. Dry on paper towels.
- Whisk together the marinade masala and marinate chicken, onions, and asparagus for 15 minutes (may be left up to 2 hours).
- Place on lined baking sheet and put in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and slightly browned on top.
- Let rest for a few minutes then sprinkle with a bit of crushed chili flakes and serve.
ideas / variations
- You can skewer the chicken and onions on kebabs and cook over the grill. The asparagus can also be cooked on the grill.
- This chicken is also good cold, sliced and added to a green salad.
- Add cubed bell peppers, zucchini or mushrooms to these kebab - cooking time will remain the same.
Serve it with the cauliflower lentil pilaf and cucumber raita.